Monday, April 12, 2010

Bon Jovi

SK won free tickets to the Bon Jovi concert last night in Dallas and was nice enough to ask me to go with her. I haven't listened to Bon Jovi since college and didn't even know they had a new record out. But, then again, I'm not exactly "in the know" with music these days. Ha!

The American Airlines Center was packed and our seats were in the rafters. Honestly, this didn't bother me in the least. We didn't have to stand the entire time and we could watch all the crazy fans jump and bob from a high perch. It was kind of cool seeing it all from that level.

Bon Jovi was on stage for over two hours and the show was really great. I didn't know their new work, but the oldies were a blast. These guys sure do work hard in their concerts! This was the first time I'd ever been to a concert of this scale so it was cool just watching all the stage contraptions move about. The screens - moving every which way and even forming steps - were amazing!

I've never seen so many people at the AAC. The crowd was an, er, interesting mix. I had a lot of fun and left with my ears ringing. That's the way it should be, right? Ha!

No comments: