Thursday, April 29, 2010

First Sea Day


There is something extremely calming, soothing, even, about being out at sea. If I can forget that I'm hundreds of miles from land, I can actually enjoy it. This time around, the water was perfect - hardly any waves whatsoever.


On my last cruise, the seas (mainly in the gulf) were much higher. This time, the calm was almost unbelievable.


Perhaps my favorite place on the ship is the promenade deck. Usually, passengers head to the pool deck to view the passing sea, but I always head here. Mr. Higgins and I watched sunsets from this deck, read in blessed silence here, and strolled here at night.


And one of the best parts of cruising....lots of girlie drinks! This was a Mango Lava Flow - basically pina colada with mango. So yummy!

Sea days are generally the relaxing days of a cruise and this one was no different.

No comments: