Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Decisions, Decisions!

Amidst all the holiday fun, I also have to figure out some wedding stuff.

It's fun to do, don't misunderstand me. But the situation of our wedding is unique, making certain aspects of traditional weddings difficult. Here's that plan... We're getting married in Georgia, with only a few very close friends and family in attendance. After the honeymoon - two weeks after the wedding - we're having a reception at home with more friends and family. The reception is obviously meant to include people who were not at the wedding.

Now, considering that, we have to plan for save-the-dates, invitations, announcements, and reception invitations. Since the reception will be on a weekend in May when college graduations are in full swing, I think it's also necessary to send out save-the-dates for the reception at home.

I finally decided on a save-the-date for the wedding and have those done and ready to mail. Now I just have to figure out the rest. I was idly wondering if I could make the wedding invitations since there are so few....but I'm unsure of my creative abilities.

One thing is for sure about wedding planning - so many decisions are required in such a short amount of time! I'm usually very decisive....except with big decisions. Arrg!

No comments: