Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tennessee Snow

It snowed more today in the Nashville area, making for an extended white Christmas! Despite consistently freezing temperatures, we were able to go out and see some stuff before darting back indoors for some hot cider.

It's so neat seeing so many sights that are significant to my future husband's (!) family. No one has ever cared so much to show me the places that mean so much to them. It's pretty cool. In every way, I now have a new family.

But that doesn't mean I've forgotten about my family back home. At one point today, I got so sad, thinking of my grandparents, all long gone. It was so long ago that I had a Christmas with anyone other than my parents, sister, and her family. I'd forgotten what it was like to have grandparents around. That makes me genuinely sad.

But the holidays are a time for family and I'm happy and blessed to be with my new family.

No comments: