Friday, December 17, 2010

Good Friends and Good Food!

This week has put me through an emotional wringer. Who knew the holidays could bring such stress?

And so it was with great anticipation that I finally got to see my BFF last night. We've been trying to get together since my birthday but our schedules haven't meshed. We went to the same restaurant we went to a year (well, fourteen months) ago, also for my birthday: Rise. It's the cutest French
soufflé place I've ever been to - not that I've been to any others. Their pumpkin soufflé was back on the menu for the holidays and it was oh, so good. Truly, a wonderful dinner. Thank you, AL!

Hopefully all this holiday stress will also be relieved by some cookie baking on Sunday and Monday with my mom. We have our Christmas cookie staples but I hope to make a few new things this year. And then I need to run a mile - or ten.

I really do love the holidays. Hopefully now, with work finishing up, I can make the most of the season!

No comments: