Friday, December 31, 2010

Tennessee History Lesson



Earlier this week, I got a tour of Nashville. It was a lot of fun, despite the freezing temperatures, getting a tour of my fiancé's hometown....with my fiancé! Though I'd been to Nashville twice before, I'd never gotten to see these things.

We started at Bicentennial Park. This cool wall (above) runs through all of Tennessee's history up to it's bicentennial.



I loved reading all the history, even if most of it was pesky modern history. It was especially neat seeing Texas mentioned in Tennessee's history. These two states have such a very special relationship! Particularly moving is when the wall describes the Civil War. The wall is broken, signifying the divided nation.


From there, we walked up these curved steps to the state capitol building. There was still a bit of snow on the ground, making for very pretty pictures.


On the grounds of the capitol was the grave of Andrew Jackson, Tennessan and US President.

We walked a lot this day but it was good after all the yummy food we've had! I'll post pics of the other half of our Nashville tour tomorrow!

No comments: