Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blessed

I'm trying to get into the holiday spirit but it's a bit difficult. All my decorations are in storage, not to be brought out, yet again.

Even if I had a tree, the cats would probably pull it down and eat it! Actually, I've never put up a tree since I've had cats. I've done other decorating, sure, but a tree was always too much trouble.

This year, though, will be my first Christmas with Mr. Higgins and our first Christmas as an engaged couple. I feel like I've known this man forever, yet we've never shared a Christmas together. Crazy, huh? I look forward to sharing our family traditions together and, gradually, making new ones for just the two of us. I can't wait to put up our first Christmas tree together next year!

It's an exciting time and I feel very blessed.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You helped get the tree last year - that counts!

Doniamarie said...

Ironically, I've thought a lot about that day lately. Your obsession - *cough* - with the lights, the tree, the dogs in Petsmart, breakfast, whatever alcohol you gave me, running around, the tears, the horrible Christmas party.... Ah.....that was traumatic. But it led to where I am now, so it was worth it. And I loved watching you decorate that day. Memories!