Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Stamping Christmas

Last night, I finally got out to another stamping event. It's been a long time since I didn't have a conflict with one of the dates, so I thought I'd better go before the holiday chaos takes over.

Almost immediately, I felt like I was back in elementary school. The ladies sat around, chatting and leisurely putting cards together. I attacked my tasks and worked furiously, only vaguely listening to the uninteresting conversation, which was, incidentally, very elementary.....talk of people I've never met.

Just like in school, I finished my Christmas cards before everyone, just a little over an hour into the evening. I killed another thirty minutes, trying to be sociable, and then I was the first to leave. It's become very apparent that I have nothing in common with these ladies, though they are very nice. I'll continue to go to events, though, and pretend to be interested in the ladies who are not interested in me.

Yes, I'm cynical today. A screaming cat woke me up at 2am and kept me awake for thirty minutes. I'm entitled to a bit of cynicism, methinks.

But the stamping was fun last night! Very pretty cards!

No comments: