Friday, November 12, 2010

Bolsheviks!

Here's an uplifting (NOT!) story for you this fine, Friday morning.... National Greatness Agenda.

As if the current political climate wasn't messy enough, I'm still thoroughly engrossed in Kate Furnivall's novel...which revolves around the Bolshevik movement in early 20th century Russia. It's odd - and hints at deja vu - hearing the revolutionaries' slogan, "down with the elitist intellectuals!"

I'm not saying that America is at the kind of crossroads that Russia was at the time. We have no monarchy to topple, we have no underground Marxist movement....but things are not good, as the article above attests.

And this is why I love history! So many parallels and things to learn from! Er...I wonder if Sarah Palin has ever read her Russian history? Probably not...that would be so very intellectual!

1 comment:

lizmiller said...

Probably not. But, I think she can see Russia from her backyard!