Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Intellectual Dilemma

Speaking of intellectualism....

Yesterday, I went to a departmental event where our professors talked about their upper-level class offerings. For some reason, it's very easy for me to forget that I'm surrounded by some very intelligent people! They may not know how to work a printer, but they know all about religion and violence, religion and the law, cults in America, African religions....and the Bible, of course.

I'm tempted to sit in on a class. I've been tempted for quite some time. But, then, I remember just how crazy next semester is going to be for me, personally, and for my boss, professionally. Perhaps I should wait.

Ack! But my boss is teaching a student Hebrew! I could listen in!

The problem is that I love learning. I could happily be a student my entire life! How can you ever learn enough about this world and it's peoples?

No comments: