Thursday, March 10, 2011

An Appointment

As you can see, I've changed my blog layout. I figured, given all the changes (and upcoming changes) in my life, it was time to change the blog as well.

In other news.... My string of bad luck at doctors/dentists continues. I went for an eye doctor appointment yesterday. I walked in and noticed two people waiting. "Uh-oh," I thought. I asked the receptionist if the doctor was running late and she said she'd ask his tech. A few minutes later his tech confirmed that, yes, he was running late due to some patients who were late arriving.

I told them that last year, at my last appointment, I waited thirty minutes and wasn't going to do it again. "People have jobs and can't wait around forever," I said. They were apologetic and completely understanding. "His appointments are in fifteen minute increments so if things get off schedule it cascades very quickly," they said. Well, perhaps they should leave a break here and there for late patients, I thought. They rescheduled me for just after lunch on Wednesday. Normally such an appointment time would be impossible, but since it's Spring Break for the kiddos, there's a 75% chance I'll actually be able to park once I return to campus.

Sigh. I really need to get my eyes checked. My contact prescription was wrong from the start. But I didn't want to go back to get it fixed.....because I'd have to go through all this. Again.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I like the new look!