Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oh My Goodness!!


This is what I found living behind the garbage cans at the house I'm house-sitting. I couldn't believe it! My heart immediately broke.


The mama kitty was born only last summer, shortly after I moved in. Now she's had her own kittens - four of them! Three are all black - or grey - and one is black and white like it's mama.


The neighbor said she thought the kittens were 2-3 weeks old. They had just opened their eyes. Two of them came out to play while their mama ate. They can barely walk - they teeter and list to the side - but they manage to play and wrestle with each other.


Their blue eyes are adorable!

I'd hate for these kittens to never know humans. Their mama is very scared of me and always has been. I'll play with the little ones when I can so they'll know that humans aren't bad. And hopefully someone will adopt these precious things. It breaks my heart to see them living behind the garbage bin.

No comments: