Monday, March 28, 2011

Portraits and Cake!

I survived a weekend of wedding stuff. Yay!

My bridal portraits went very well. There were so many things to worry about: flowers for the bouquet, hair, makeup, the weather, the amount of people at the gardens.... But it turned out great. In the past two weeks everything has burst into glorious bloom and the gardens were spectacular. And crowded. But, thankfully, we had very few problems getting pictures, even with people everywhere. Several little kids came up to say how pretty I looked, which was sweet.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the proofs!

On Sunday we had a cake tasting. Oh, my goodness!! Our cake lady is so very talented. I was looking for a white cake and decided on almond cake with strawberry filling and white chocolate icing. Yum! My favorite flavor, however, was probably the kahlua cake. So good! I want a kahlua birthday cake this year! I'd like to try some of her other flavors as well!

It was a productive, good weekend.

No comments: