Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dealing with Unprofessionals

I'm trying not to stress out.

The florist that we're supposed to use for the wedding is being difficult. Some initial conversations did not go well with the lady saying "those flowers are not included in your package" about a million times. I finally decided on "cheap" flowers and tried to call her last Monday. No answer. Tuesday: no answer. I left a message. Wednesday: no call back and no answer. Thursday: no call back and no answer. Friday: emailed wedding coordinator to say what was happening. Late in the day, I got an email from the florist, saying I must have the wrong number (I did not) and she could do whatever I wanted, but none of my flowers were included.

I was incensed. Rightly so! I called three different florists in the area of the wedding and got very reasonable quotes for the flowers I originally wanted - and all were much cheaper than the florist I was being told to use. On Monday I called and left a message with the wedding coordinator. On Tuesday, the phone lines were down so I was unable to reach the wedding coordinator. Yesterday, I emailed her to - finally! - see if we could get a credit if we did not use her florist. I haven't heard back.

There are 31 days until the wedding. I'm trying not to freak out.

I'm extremely frustrated.

No comments: