Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Good-Bye

As if life wasn't busy enough....

We had two retirement celebrations for my boss yesterday, both of which I had to help with. It made for a long day, after a very long weekend, and I'm tired.

This retirement, and the festivities, came as no surprise but I still found myself tearing up last night at the dinner. It didn't help that my boss was visibly moved by the toasts in his honor. I guess, as with so many other things, I take him for granted. But he's been a mentor, a friend, an unfailing advocate....and he'll perform my wedding ceremony (in less than two weeks!).

The next year at work will be one of transition. Thankfully, my boss will still be around, in an unofficial capacity. That should help ease both of us into a daily life without each other.

No comments: