Monday, April 18, 2011

Saturday

Saturday was an extremely difficult day for me. It began early, with Syb in the car.

I've never met a cat who likes to ride in the car, and Sybella is no exception. She cried almost the entire time. Mr. Higgins and I would go very long stretches without talking, hoping she would take a nap. She didn't.

Usually, on a long car ride, I let her out of her carrier. This time, however, we had to go through stressful traffic and Mr. Higgins and I decided to keep her in the crate to minimize distractions.....though her crying was distracting enough! An hour into the ride, we smelled urine. In Sybella's defense, she hadn't been awake very long and probably hadn't made her morning trip to the litterbox. Suffice it to say, this was not at all a pleasant trip.

After 2 1/2 hours in the car, we finally arrived at my parents'. I got Syb out of her carrier and gave her a half-bath, as her haunches had been sitting in urine. (No wonder the poor girl was crying!) We let her calm down - and bathe - for a few hours before we took her to her new parents.

I can't tell you how hard this was for me. But her new parents had already gone out to buy her a scratching post and cat tree. Clearly, they were excited to have her. I think they wanted a pet to love and spoil; Syb will definitely enjoy all the attention!

I know she'll be happy. And, despite my sadness, that's what matters most.

No comments: