Friday, April 19, 2013

Breaking the Rules

I don't like work politics.  I hate politics in general so any that affect me are particularly disturbing.  

You've heard about my work woes.  They haven't gone away.  In fact, I think it's safe to say that they're getting worse.  The latest incident leaves me truly perplexed as to how to proceed.

My boss has asked me to do something that is against university policy.  And he's blatantly told me that he's going to do it without trying to get the permission from our chair, also known as his boss.  So, now I've been asked to break the rules and lie about it.  

Let me be clear: I will not break the rules.  I like rules.  I like following rules.  I loathe anyone who does not follow the rules.  If I have to call in sick the day when I must break university policy, I will.  

But I know that other people deal with this and even more complicated issues in their workplaces.  I know this stuff happens....this is just my first encounter with such a thing.  And I don't know what to do.  


Let's just say that I'm really looking forward to Friday and that margarita at Happy Hour!  Work-weeks are overrated.  

No comments: