Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ear Warmer....er, Cowl!

I wanted to make an ear warmer for our Alaska cruise in June.  I found a good, easy pattern on Ravelry and went to Madtosh for some yummy Manos del Uruguay.   


My one gripe about our newest LYS is that they wind yarn waayyy too tight.  Wool stretches and looses all of it's shape if it's wound too tight.  I came home and re-wound the skein.  Isn't it pretty???!


Two weeks later I have a finished ear warmer.....er, no, cowl.  It's a bit too tight for my, apparently, big head.  I can't wear it comfortably over my ears.  So, I'll wear it as a cowl on really cold days.  

I have plenty of yarn in the skein to make another attempt at the ear warmer.  I'll add eight stitches and several rows, I think.  It's a bit too skinny and barely covers my, also apparently, bigger-than-average, ears.  Ha! 

I'll let you know how the second try comes along.


Pattern: Ear Warmer by Kate Morgan
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay Maxima
Needles: US 7
Made for: me
Time to completion: two weeks

No comments: