Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Clark Gardnes

A few weeks ago, before Spring had officially and unofficially sprung, my mother and I headed out west to Mineral Wells.  Our destination: Clark Gardens.  My mother had heard about the gardens for years but had never been.  We had a free morning for girl time so off we went!

Though the plants and trees were just beginning to come out, I was pleasantly surprised by what the gardens offered.  It was all much bigger than I anticipated, as well.  The main pool was gorgeous....



There was a chapel for weddings with a beautiful English side garden attached...




This is a cool circular white garden.  If the flowers had been blooming, they would have all been white!
 

Another addition to the gardens was a huge network of miniature tracks and trains.  The tracks were elevated, went around, below and above little rivers...  So cool!




We'll have to return to the gardens when everything is in bloom!  I encourage you to go as well!

No comments: