Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kitchen Adventures

I was in the mood to do some cooking over the weekend.  Two of the recipes I made were new....

- Skinnytaste's Broccoli and Orzo.   I had never made orzo and was intrigued by this side dish - which could easily be made into a main dish.  It was good.....though a little lacking in flavor.  I put a fair amount of parmesan cheese on it....and it still lacked a little something.  I'd really like to experiment with it, as it really has a lot of potential!

- Also from Skinnytaste: Overnight Oats in a Jar.   I found chia seeds (an amazingly good food for you!) at Trader Joe's and was excited to find a recipe that looked good.  Unfortunately, my chia seeds did not expand or anything overnight.  They looked the same the next morning as they do in the bag...only they were in a soggy mess of oatmeal and blueberries.  This was definitely a recipe I'll not make again.  It seemed like an easy breakfast solution....but, no.  

I hate it when I try a recipe that completely flops.  It really take all my cooking motivation away for quite a while.  I may stick to baking alone this week!  

 

No comments: