Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby J's Cardigan

Almost a year ago, I set out to knit my second (sigh!) baby sweater.  And this time, I was determined to finish it.  Why?  Well, because it's for Baby J, of course!  My very favorite pseudo-niece! 


I started the project with my knitting buddy, CS.  She got me started on the pattern, which was not explained well, and then I was off.  I thought I would need help picking up stitches and knitting the sleeves but, thanks to YouTube, I did it all myself.  That makes me very happy!  Knitting is not something that comes naturally to me so when I accomplish a project, especially a complicated one, I'm very pleased. 

Here are the sweater details:

Pattern: Cabled Raglan Baby Sweater by Rebecca L. Daniels (free from Knitting Daily, and I got it on Ravelry)
Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK
Needles: US 4
Made for: Baby J
Time to completion: 11.5 months


The Sirdar Bamboo was lovely to work with. The stitch definition is very, very nice so I highly recommend it! 

No comments: