Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Scrapbook Retreat, Summer 2013

My mom and I did a scrapbook retreat this past weekend, just the two of us.  It was a lot of fun and highly productive!  

I started and finished an album of our honeymoon on St. John, USVI.  Yes, were married and honeymooned in 2011.  I know I'm behind, which is why I need more scrapbook retreats!  

Being a loyal Creative Memories customer for a very long time, I'm just now exploring scrapbooking outside of CM - mainly because of Project Life.  In so doing, I'm finding papers and embellishments I never knew were out there.  And they're all so very cute!  It's truly ridiculous just how big scrapbooking has become - and how many of the products I love.  Ha!

And so I put together a honeymoon album that used a lot of beach papers.  It came together really well.  I'm still waiting on a CM order, though, for more page inserts before I can put the album together...in the album.  

As some of you may now, Creative Memories has declared bankruptcy and the future of the company is unknown.  I placed a large order as soon as I heard - to get enough albums and pages for a few more trips.  But, if they close and stay closed, I'll have to look for other options with which to do my scrapbooking.  Eek!

It was a fun, girly weekend.  Just what I needed!

No comments: