Friday, August 2, 2013

Sookie Revisited






Remember this girl?  Sookie the Cat?  Sure you do!  While I lived with my parents, out in the country, she followed me and mom home from a walk one evening.  A few days later, she had a miscarriage.  She was no more than nine months old at the time.  

Now, she's the happiest country kitteh in the land.  She has my dad wrapped around her little paw.  And she is always occupied with tons of things to hunt and chase: grasshoppers, lizards, birds, gophers, deer....  Okay, she doesn't hunt deer...but she watches them.  She'll kill lizards and pounce on grasshoppers more than anything.  She has, however, caught a gopher before, endearing her forever in my dad's heart. 

With all my trips to East Texas this month, I've gotten to spend more time with this precious girl.  And that makes me very happy! 

2 comments:

lizmiller said...

Awwww!!!! I miss Sookie! I thought that you had given her to a different family, but I'm glad to hear that she is with your parents! Such a sweet girl :)

Doniamarie said...

Yes, Sookie is such a dear!