Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Recipe Experiments

I've been trying to do a bit more cooking.  I generally prefer baking to cooking, though.  For some reason, I'm always less likely to screw something up that is baked rather than cooked.  And so, I try very few new meals.  I really need to change this disturbing habit or else I'll never cook anything new again, ever! 

I've found two new (to me) recipes online that I'd like to share with you...

- Crockin' Cornbread, from the ladies who specialized in crock-pot cooking/baking.  Apparently almost anything can be made in the crock-pot, including cornbread!  This was yummy!!  I've always liked Jiffy (sweet) cornbread, though now prefer from-scratch cornbread.  If you like Jiffy, you'll love this recipe.  It's super easy!  My only suggestions is to spray the crock-pot like crazy!!  Mine cornbread was difficult to get out.  It's not the end of the work, unless you're worried about presentation.  

- Buttermilk Quick Bread, with ten variations!  I've been wanting to try this for quite some time, mainly because the base recipe is not high in fat or calories.  I was in the mood for apples so I made the Apple Cinnamon bread and it was very tasty!!  I even threw in some chia seeds - yum!  Now I want to try all the variations!  

As for cooking...  I tried a broccoli salad this week with Greek yogurt....and it wasn't great.  I'm trying to find a good recipe (or make up my own) with Greek yogurt, much like my Chicken Salad, because I dislike mayonnaise.  The experimentation continues, though. Sigh!  

 

No comments: