Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chicken Bacon Wrap

I'm always looking for new healthy lunch ideas.  A while ago, I had a wrap in a restaurant that I loved.  I finally got around to making my own, lighter version at home.  Here it is....

 Chicken Bacon Wrap

1 Mission Carb Balance Small Fajita Whole Wheat Tortilla (80 calories)
4 oz cooked chicken breast, sliced into strips (110 calories)
1 slice of cooked bacon or 1 Tbsp Bacon Bits (25 calories)
2-3 slices of roasted red peppers (yum!)
a drizzle of Thousand Island Dressing (I used Kraft; 1 Tbsp = 30 calories)

Option: add avocado (which I don't like)

Roll all this up in that tiny tortilla - ha!  Yes, it's difficult.  You can also buy a larger tortilla, cut it in half, and take half of it for lunch.  I wrapped mine in parchment paper (which helps with the moisture) and then plastic wrap

My main obstacle for any lunch is having to prepare food the night before.  I like things to be easy and this, along with my Chicken Salad, is pushing it because of the additional time it takes to cook the chicken.  But both of these are a nice change when I make them.  And I actually look forward to lunch on these days!

No comments: