One project that had yet to get done, despite us being in the house fro 2.5 years, was my study wall. I had tons of prints, most of which were awkward, unstandard sizes, that needed to be framed. There was no way I could afford custom framing! I'd be poor!
And so, for some very odd reason I have yet to name, I went to get frames a few weeks ago. I found a few frames and then I got stumped: nothing would work for some of my prints. I asked for help from a sales person who volunteered to cut some matte board for me - I could then mount my prints on the matte board, which would be cut to a standard-frame size.
It took me two weekends but I got this done:
Plus, there are two more newly framed prints on the adjacent wall. Yay! I know the picture at the top looks a little awkward - but I know I'll gradually add prints to the wall and that top print will be the centerpiece for the new stuff.
Most of these prints are Rome-focused - either maps of the empire or landmarks. There are also two prints of French chateaux.