Friday, September 27, 2013

Lace Knitting

Knitting is a lot of fun.  It's also very frustrating.  

I started a new scarf out of a gorgeous purple alpaca I found at our local Fiber Fest.  It's been a while since I've done anything lacy.  It took me a while to remember how to read a lace chart - from bottom right up.    

Off I went, knitting away, but soon had to frog it.  I finally figured out what was going on, started over, and knitted about three inches of scarf.  And then I found dropped stitches.  Sigh.  I frogged it again and started over.  So far, with absolutely no mistakes.  As much as I hate frogging a project, it's better to have a flawless project than a mistake-ridden project. 

I really hope I don't find any more dropped stitches.  My psyche can't handle starting over again!

Dooku has been keeping me company while I knit.  Thankfully, he doesn't chase the yarn or the needles.  He's a good little guy.  

 

No comments: