Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Irish Soda Bread Muffins (2014:31)

I love Pinterest.  I also love recipe blogs.  When you put the two together, I'm in heaven.  If you've never tried Pinterest, it's a great way to keep track of all those recipes you find, all those crafty ideas your run across, and fashion trends you want to try.

A few months ago, I pinned a recipe for Irish Soda Bread Muffins from Skinnytaste, a blog I frequent.  I'd never tried Soda Bread and was curious.


Over the weekend, I finally got around to making the muffins.  The recipe was simple and there was little fuss.  I opted for unbleached flour instead of whole wheat, as my wheat flour was running low. 

When they came out of the oven, I could hardly wait for them to cool before trying them.  And they were quite yummy!  The texture is somewhere between bread and coarse cornbread - definitely different but yummy! 

I'm so glad to have found this low-calorie recipe!  It'll go into my recipe book, for sure!

No comments: