Monday, August 25, 2014

Week Six: Jari Love Challenge

Since my eating hasn't been great, I've been avoiding the scale.  This week, though, I had to get on it due to my dreaded yearly physical.  I weighed before going to the doctor and I was completely happy with the number displayed.  All these high intensity workouts really do amazing things for weight, let me tell you!

Thankfully, my eating will be better this week. 

Monday: Jari Love's Get Extremely RIPPED! 1000 Hardcore and abs


Mondays are always hard.  The cardio in this workout is always difficult....just because it always lasts longer than expected.  But I got through workout 2 and went on to do 10 minutes of abs from Glo. 

Tuesday: Cardio Interval Burn on Glo by Michelle Dozois

My doctor's appointment was today so I had extra time in the morning before I was due to be examined (ugh!).  I worked out extra long in order to not be too distracted by my starving stomach.  This CIB lasted for about 55 minutes; I stretched for 10; then 10 minutes of Dozois' pilates (core focused) on Glo.  When I have the time, I love a good, long workout!

Wednesday: Michelle Dozois' Tip Top Shape on Glo

This one was more difficult than I expected, I think because of the floorwork.  I sweated up a storm but it was fun!  There are some different weighted strength moves in here, too - Michelle really is innovative with her moves!  I'll do this one again!

Thursday: Yoga Booty Ballet (original)


I did parts of the basic and advanced workouts.  I like the ballet and yoga of the basic but the dance of the advanced.  This DVD had gone untouched for a long time, so it was a pleasant change!

Friday: Jari Love's Slim and Lean

As usual, I did three segments of this (plus warm-up) and alternated those segments with my own cardio drills.  It's definitely a workout but it's varied enough to not be exhausting.  

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix by Michelle Dozois

Wow, this one is tough but good!  I had worked outside, sweating away in the early morning humidity and heat and I could definitely tell this workout was harder because of being a bit dehydrated at the start.  I drank more water than usual and got through it.  Always a fun one!

Sunday: Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit + dance and abs from Glo

I was dreading this one for days beforehand, which is never a good thing.  Cathe sure does work you hard but I made it through.  I followed up that 45 minute workout with 20 minutes of dance on Glo and then 5 minutes of abs.  Fun!

Calorie Counts:


Monday - 1395
Tuesday - 1385

Wednesday - 1383
Thursday - 1321
Friday - BAD
Saturday - 1478
Sunday - 1388


I was really proud of those calorie counts this week.  I went out to lunch three days (one on Friday) but I ate healthy and stayed on track!  Even through the weekend!  Wow.  Of course, when the in-laws are in town in a few weeks, it's all over.  Sigh.

No comments: