Friday, August 21, 2015

Fudgy Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cake (2015:14)

In our summer of unhealthy eating, I wanted something chocolatey.  And something new.  This recipe for Fudgy Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cake had been on my Pinterest board for a while and it looked easy but yummy.

I subbed egg substitute for half the eggs and then used a bit of Splenda to cut back on the sugar.  I used a combination of semi-sweet, dark, and milk chocolate chips.  Once upon a time, I had toffee chips but not anymore so I left off the topping.

When it came time to bake, I wanted this cake under-done.  I took it out at 33 minutes and it seemed perfect.   When we finally cut into it, I was happy.  The chocolate chips fall to the bottom and, if warmed in the microwave, are a bit melty.  Yum!  This would be great with vanilla ice cream but I didn't want to go overboard.  It's also not too rich….perfect for a random dessert.  

This one is a good solid recipe - not out-of-this-world but still good!

No comments: