Monday, August 3, 2015

Post-Cruise Workouts: Week 9

After New Orleans and all the good food that entailed, I need to work hard this week!  That's no surprise given my summer of bad eating....ha!

Here's how the week went...

Monday:  Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Dozoi's HIIT - Breathless and Energized + walk

I was so tired this morning after not nearly enough sleep.  I powered through Ilyse's workout - so much jumping! - and then moved on to Michelle.  I love that HIIT!  At lunch, I walked with a co-worker at the rec.  It's just too hot here in Texas right now.  I hate it.  Hate. It.

Tuesday: Shape's Bikini Body Camp Transforming + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals + weights

Must get more cardio!  I started with Michelle's cardio segment on Shape's Bikini workout.  It's so good!   I then tuned into Scott's HIIT workout.  It's a bit easier than other HIITs because the breaks are long....too long, it seems.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center - ugh.  My arms will probably ache tomorrow!

Wednesday: Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals


These workouts did not motivate me to get out of bed, but I did anyway.  Ha!  As much as I don't look forward to them, they're not too bad.  Amy definitely keeps the pace up, not letting you really think about all you have to do.  If you just do it without thinking, it goes by relatively quickly.  LOL!

Thursday:  Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped! 1000 Hardcore + walk

It was time for some weights today though my arms were still stiff and achy from Tuesday's weight session at the rec.  Jari's workout tested me in many ways - so many tricep extensions, so many lunges....  Ack!  I did my own cardio/weights to make this workout 50 minutes.  At lunch, I walked at the rec, working up a good sweat; then, some ab work.

Friday:  Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior

I bought this video several months ago but this was my first opportunity to try it. I've really missed my yoga classes at the rec.  Amazingly, Harper's workout is a great sub for those classes - it's hard but not too hard.  I really liked it and look forward to trying it again....and then I'll give you my official review!

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix + Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party

This was a tough morning to get going.  Thankfully, I don't entirely dread this CS Remix - ha! It's fun but a challenge with every circuit going to the floor - except the last one.  Wow.  To finish things off - and get more steps! - I did 20 minutes of Ilyse's dance workout, which is mostly low-impact dance moves.  It was a long workout - but I needed every minute!

Sunday:  Cardio Interval Burn on Glo

This isn't my favorite CIB but I don't mind doing it.  This morning I was on a timetable so I couldn't do any additional work - though I managed a longer stretch and sit-ups/planks/etc.  My hips still hurt from something Bob Harper did to me in yoga on Friday.  Ha!

No comments: