Monday, August 24, 2015

Week Two: Combat Challenge #2

My first week of Combat was fun and different so I was looking forward to week two and different workouts.

I was also a bit achy from week one.  Ha!

Monday: Les Mills' Sh'Bam #16 + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals + walk


It's so nice looking forward to Monday morning workouts!  I finally slept well last night and was rested this morning, making it even better!  My second Sh'Bam workout was just as fun as the first!  Wow!  Once again, there were one or two segments I didn't love but most of them were great!  After that workout, I did some HIIT with Jeffery Scott - always fun but difficult.  At lunch, I did the bike at the rec.  It's a love/hate relationship with that machine.

Tuesday:  Les Mills' BodyCombat #60 + walk/jog

Like yesterday, I was practically looking forward to my workout!  The Combat classes online are a nice change from the DVDs and this one was intense but fun.  I love the kicks and punch/kick combinations.  If I dislike anything, it's the non-stop punch sequences.  But those aren't too, too bad.  At lunch, I did the treadmill, adjusting my incline and jogging a bit.  I got nice and sweaty!

Wednesday: Les Mills' Grit #4


This workout never, ever sounds appealing.  When do you get up in the morning, longing to do burpees, push-ups, and squat jumps?  I never get up feeling so inclined!  But I did this workout, which was a mixed blessing....  There were long timed increments of doing the same things over and over....take a break.....do a few new things over and over.... I did not do burpees, not wanting to hurt myself.  Still, I was huffing and puffing like nothing else.  I did my own cardio after the video ended.  I was beat! 

Thursday:  Amy's Combo Strength Conditioning + Ilyse's Just Dance + walk/jog

I ate horribly yesterday….which motivated me to walk and jog at lunch today.  But first, my morning workout.  Amy's strength workout was new to me and it was alright - nothing great but okay.  I always love this dance video from Ilyse - not too high impact and just right for this morning.  At lunch, the students crowded the rec center but I walked and then jogged 1/3 of the track for about 8 laps….then, just a walk.  It felt good to stretch and do abs afterward - my bum hurt from Grit.

Friday:  Les Mills' BodyFlow #63

Fridays are wonderful for so many reasons and they start early, at 5:30.  It's my light day and I really look forward to fun, but gentle moves on this day.  For the first time, I tried BodyFlow - yoga by the Les Mills crew.  It was really good!  My hips definitely opened up.  The video lasted about 30 minutes, after which I did abs and some additional stretches and ballet moves.  A good morning!

Saturday: Peak 10 More Cardio Strength + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop

I was not 100% this morning but somehow psyched myself up to do this difficult CS.  I warmed up with McLean for five minutes and then on to Dozois' workout.  Wow, it's tough!  Then, about 15 more minutes of McLean's dance workout.  Yay, cardio!

Sunday: Les Mills' Combat 60 Live + CRWORX #16

Time for Combat - and a long one!  The live DVD version is so much fun!  I was dripping sweat in no time.   Ha!  My favorite thing about Combat is the punch/kick combinations - so fun!  I did some of my own cardio to make it 60 minutes.  Then, 10 minutes of CRWORX #16 - the ab portion which was tough!  Ouch!!  

Second week of Combat - done!  And so much fun!

No comments: