Monday, August 10, 2015

Post-Cruise Workouts: Week 10

It's hot.  Summer in Texas is miserable.  Thankfully, most of my workouts are indoors, but still. The house is hot.  Everything is hot. 

This is my last week of workouts before I start a Combat Challenge for about 8 weeks.  Yay!  I'm so excited to do something different.  I will, however, miss some of these other workouts as I "shelve" them for a while.

Here we go: week 10!

Monday: McLean's Unleash Your Inner Strength + Amy's Skills and Drills + walk/jog

I'm getting a little desperate as the bad eating continues.  I toned it down today but not by much.  McLean and Amy kept me going and I even upped the impact on some moves.  At lunch, I did the treadmill instead of the track so I could up the incline in preparation of hiking in Colorado this fall.  I even got motivated and jogged for 60-second spurts.  Wow!  Yes, I'm definitely motivated!

Tuesday:  McLean's Kickbox Your Way to Fit + Amy's Kickbox Power + weights


Once I started this workout, I realized it means two days of kickboxing.  Oh, well.  McLean's workout is heavy on the cardio, light on the boxing.  Amy's is heavy on the boxing and light on cardio...  So it works out well!  I was challenged by both and had fun in the process.  At lunch, I forced my very unwilling mind and body to do weights at the rec.  I hate it - but now it's done for the week.

Wednesday: McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits + walk/jog

Time for this week's HIIT!  I was not looking forward to it but I powered through.  I'll be glad to put this workout aside for a while.  At lunch, I did the treadmill again, increasing my inclines from Monday. I also increased my jogging time to 90 seconds.  Little victories!  And more sweat that I'd like!  Ha!

Thursday: Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped 1000 + walk


I needed some weights this morning so Jari Love it was.  It's hard for me to use my heavy weights in this one, except with dead lifts.  There are so many repetitions - eek!  I added on some of my own weights/cardio to make this 50 minutes.  At lunch, I walked the track at the rec - no jogging today.  

Friday: BodyFit 360 Vol 3: Athletic Conditioning

Though I should have taken it easy today, I wanted a bit of cardio. I hadn't done this 360 in a while so I popped it in.  It has about 25 minutes of cardio.  I then did the arm section and then the stretching.  It felt really good to stretch!

Saturday:  Dozois' Cardio Strength 2 on Glo + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop

I was dreading this CS - it's just so tough.  Forcing myself to ignore the sweat and ickiness,I powered through.  I just hate all the floor work; my heart rate never comes down….which is good, I guess.  To get more steps for the Fitbit, I did 20 minutes of McLean's cardio, trying to not work too hard.  Then, a nice stretch!

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster + Dozois' Pilates Core

This CIB is so much fun - but also really tough.  It's gotten easier for me but by the last two rounds, I was feeling it.  The ascents have more high-impact work than other CIBs….  There's just no stopping.  I did about 5 minutes of Dozois' Core workout - skipping to the floor work.  All in all, about 75 minutes of work this morning.

And with that, I've finished my 10 weeks of post-cruise workouts.  It's been fun, doing new and different FitnessGlo workouts.  I feel like I've maintained my fitness level….but we'll see. 

Next up, 8 weeks of Combat.  Pray my back survives!

No comments: