Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Spicy Green Chile Pork (2015:15)

We had some pork loin in the freezer that just begged to be used in a new and different way.  I love green chile pork tacos so I went about trying to find a good recipe.  This one seemed tasty and got great reviews.  

I put all the ingredients in the crock-pot and let it cook overnight, just like my BBQ pork.  In the late morning, I shredded the pork and kept about 3/4 cup of liquid.  I add some additional green salsa to the liquid and blended that up.  Then, I added the pork back to the crock-pot and let it soak up that liquid.

The pork was good - but I didn't think it was spicy or flavorful enough.  Next time, I'd add more green salsa after shredding the pork - and more SPICE.  I guess those of us in Texas are used to spice and it takes a lot to make us happy.

But still, this pork made great tacos and nachos (Mr. Higgins' idea).  My tummy was a happy camper all day long!

No comments: