Monday, September 7, 2015

Week Four: Combat Challenge #2

I can't believe it's been three weeks and I'm now into week four!  Wow, time flies!  

This week will be cut short (no Saturday/Sunday workouts) and next week will be a "pause" in the workout regimen since Mr. Higgins' parents will be staying with us for the week.  I'm super excited to see them but it's impossible to work out with people in the house.

But, here we go!  


Monday: Les Mills' Sh'Bam #18 + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals + walk/jog

I actually ate well on Sunday so I didn't feel gross this morning!  Ha!  This Sh'Bam was a lot of fun and featured "The Carlton" - LOL!  I had no idea that character would live on well into the '10s because of his dancing!  Next up, Scott's HIIT.  I hit it hard.  At lunch, I forced myself to do the treadmill and incorporate inclines and jogging spurts.  I really don't like it but I got it done.

Tuesday: Les Mills' Combat #62 + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + weights

For some reason, I was not feeling the Combat today.  I punched my way through it, though, and felt better as I went along.  I had plenty of time to do all of Michelle's Cardio Blast, which is always effective.  Whew!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec, despite all the students.  I've never seen the place so busy!

Wednesday:  Les Mills' Grit #6

Ugh.  I was really dreading this, as usual.  It's just really tough.  The warm-up is short and intense and suddenly, less than 10 minutes after waking up, I'm doing crazy, jumping cardio.  Oy.  I almost survived this one without too much pain until the squat jumps to lunge jumps....  Ouch!  I was huffing and puffing like nothing else.  I decided this was all the stress my body needed for the day so I read at lunch. 

Thursday:  Ilyse's Just Dance + Quick and Intense Upper Body + Strong and Lean Lower Body Sculpt + walk

I really needed to take it a bit slower today.  Ilyse's dance workout is fun but not too intense.  I then switched the strength.  Her arm and leg workouts were new to me and both were a bit painful.  Ha!  With arms, she goes so fast with weights because her hand weights weigh so little.  I couldn't keep up!  But I tried.  Her leg routine had no weights but boy, it was a doozy.  And my bum....I'll feel that the next day!  Ouch!  At lunch, I walked on the treadmill but I did so much of an incline that I burned as many calories as when I jog for bits.  Cool!

Friday:  Combat 60 Live - Ultimate Warrior's Workout

Since there won't be any working out for a few days, my restful yoga day wasn't an option.  I did my regular weekend Combat 60 - and got through most of it before my time ran out.  It was good to get it done and it helps that it's always fun.  

Saturday: rest

Sunday: rest

I love holiday weekends!  Granted, I'd rather be able to squeeze in a workout but it was a good time.  

No comments: