Monday, September 28, 2015

Week Six: Combat Challenge #2

While I'm not gaining weigh....I'm not losing it.  But I'm trying to stay positive since it's only been a week since our company left and I started cracking down on my calories.

Hopefully some tough workouts will help that number on scale go down!

Monday: Les Mills' Sh'Bam #18 + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast

Monday again and here we go!  It's always easier to get into the swing of things with Sh'Bam - these are so much fun!  I really liked this one, which I've done once before.  It's fun and gets my heart rate up!  Dozois' workout is always a blast....of hard work!  But also fun.  Meetings kept me from working out at lunch.

Tuesday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Dozois' Heart-Pumping Total Sculpting + walk

It's been a long time since I did this dance workout - and it's so much fun!  Ilyse's dance number makes you work hard - lots of jogging and jumping rope....but after the first 10 minutes, it gets a bit easier.  I needed some weights so Michelle's workout fit the bill.  It's always effective, especially for triceps.  Ow!  At lunch, I walked, doing only 5 minutes of inclining on the treadmill.  I'll do more later this week but didn't want to get too sweaty today.

Wednesday: Les Mills' Grit #3 + Iyse's Groovy Dance Party

As always, I wake up dreading Grit.  This was the first one I did back in August so at least I knew I'd live through it.  Ha!  It's definitely challenging but I managed, modifying some of the burpees.  After that, I tuned into Ilyse's (mostly) low-impact dance workout.  I added some high-impact intervals here and there to keep my heart rate up....but it was a relief after Grit.  Lunch was a talk from our Wellness Program Director.  Very good!

Thursday:  Les Mills' Combat #61 + weights

This was a traumatic morning.  I lost 5 minutes before my workout to trying to find my contact lens, to no avail.  Then, while I was cooling down, the power went out...and came back on after a minute.  Ugh!  At least I got in 40 minutes of cardio, despite all the craziness.  This Combat is fun and I really enjoyed it the second time around.  Sweat was flying....ewoh!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  

Friday: Les Mills' Flow #66 + walk (inclines)

Ah....Fridays.  I love them.  And I love that they usually start with a light workout.  This yoga was really good - lots of flow and stretch, but some balance as well, which was good.  I was very stretched out by the end.  I did some more stretches to make this workout about 40 minutes long.  The shorter workout didn't bother me since I knew I'd be on the treadmill at lunch - ugh.  I did inclines today.  I didn't even walk fast but I pushed my limit on the incline percentage....and burned 200 calories.  Eek!  That's a productive lunch!

Saturday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Strength + Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves


Despite doing two Peak 10 workouts last weekend, this CS still killed me.  I was dripping sweat after 15 minutes.  UGH!  This one is so tough any day….but today it seemed almost impossible.  And the fifth circuit is the toughest……oh my gosh.  Afterward, to cool down, I did 15 minutes of Ilyse's easy dance workout.  Such a relief!  And then a nice stretch.  I wish stretching burned more calories!!  

Sunday:  Combat 60 Live - Ultimate Warrior's Workout

I was actually looking forward to this workout today!  It was fun and effective.  Whew!  The cardio lasts for about 45 minutes so I did some additional work on my own to get up to an hour.  Then, sit-ups and planks.  Fun!  The stretching was so nice, though, at the end.  Always my favorite part!  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1291
Tuesday - 1390
Wednesday - 1303
Thursday - 1301
Friday - 1397
Saturday - 1316
Sunday - BAD

I was so proud of myself for being good for 6 days straight.  Yay!  I even had a few meals out but made smart decisions.  I didn't stay under 1300 every day, but I got close and I ate super healthy.  Sunday was bad…but one day is okay.


No comments: