Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Me Before You

I picked up Jojo Moyes' Me Before You some time ago and chose to take it to Colorado.  I'd never read this author but after seeing this book everywhere, I bought it.  My curiosity was piqued.

Louisa Clark has gotten a new job as the caretaker of Will Traynor, who is now confined to a wheelchair.  Will hates his new life and Louisa doesn't care much for him - he's grumpy and acerbic.  

Soon, however, Louisa and Will begin a friendship that has the unique intimacy due to his situation and her job.  Will starts pushing Louisa to break out of her shell and try new things - adventures that he can no longer have.  

This unlikely pair have a tremendous influence on one another.  It's a heartbreaking yet heartwarming story and, for some reason, it really struck a chord with me.  If you ever evaluate your own life or think "what if," then this story will impact you, as well.  

No comments: