Monday, December 21, 2015

Week Eight: Peak 10 Challenge #4

Back from our long weekend in Colorado...  And I have some serious fat that needs to come off!  It's not going to be easy with all the extra food at work, but I'll give it my best shot!

Monday: Ilyse's Sweaty, Sassy, and Strong + Amy's Skills and Drills


I didn't want to kill myself this first morning back from vacation - and after only about 5 hours of sleep.  So I did these two workouts that were a perfect combination - dance with Ilyse and then kickboxing with Amy.  Since I've already done my four weeks of extra Cardio Strengths in this Challenge, these workouts will take the place of that one.  

Tuesday: Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals

This week was an off week for Pure Cardio so Amy's HIIT took it's place.  These are definitely tough workouts but it felt good to work hard today.  I took it up a step with some circuits, even adding some lunge jumps.  Nothing works me harder than those!  A great morning!

Wednesday: Dozois' Tip Top Shape

After two days of cardio, I felt the need for weights.  This workout is just so good.  The alternating cardio/weight sections are just short enough to not be too painful or traumatic.  And Michelle is motivating by herself, as usual.  I even don't mind the floorwork....bleh.

Thursday: PeakFit Anytime Anywhere No Excuse Workout + walk

I don't know why I hate this workout so much - but I do.  Even Michelle has a hard time keeping me going and motivated.  Somehow I got through it - without modifying the peaks.  It was tough, for sure, and I hurt afterward, but it was worth it!  At lunch, I walked outside, around campus for about 25 minutes.  My co-worker kept up a brisk pace that I had a hard time matching, in my tired state.  But it was good!

Friday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster + short walks

With a busy weekend ahead - holiday prep! - I have no idea what that means for workouts.  So, I went ahead and did my CIB this morning.  I had to cut off 15 minutes but at least I got it in.  And dang, it was tough!  I went to bed at 11:30 last night (Star Wars!) so I was tired.  I made the 10-minute walking trek to a restaurant to meet a friend for lunch.  So I was mobile!

Saturday: PeakFit Cardio Strength 2

I had time for a workout today, thank goodness!  I was a bit nervous about this CS, though I really like it.  The first peak was a bit of a shock to my system - after so many consecutive high impact workouts, it was tough. But as I went along, it got easier.  So, 60 minutes of cardio and then a nice stretch and the dreaded sit-ups.

Sunday: rest (much needed)

We're just not going to think about calories this week.  Ugh.

No comments: