Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Christmas Baking and Homemade Irish Cream (2015:21)

At Thanksgiving this year, I made Homemade Irish Cream at my parents' house.  I really liked it, as did my mom.  Mr. Higgins, who loathes coffee, thought it had too much of a coffee flavor.  My only complain, though small, was that it wasn't as thick as the bottled stuff.  Either way, the recipe can be tweaked to exclude coffee and include….mint, more chocolate, nutmeg….anything!  So I'll keep it in my file!

Every year, I make cookies with my mom shortly before Christmas.  I can't wait to do that this year, for the first time in my own home!  

I've already made some Christmas goodies: Triple Chocolate Cookies,  Skinny Snickerdoodles, and pumpkin bread.  

WIth my mom, I'll make gingerbread, sugar cookies, Victorian Tea Cakes, and fudge.  YUM!  But every year, I like to try something new…..

Mr. Higgins' mom has made chocolate bark before and it was delicious!!  (Here's a similar recipe.)  This year, I want to try to make it myself, with a mint flavor.  When I will have time to make this….I have no idea.  We'll see how it goes.  

No matter what's on your dessert menu, happy baking!

No comments: