Wednesday, November 27, 2013

First Batch of Christmas Cookies!

Since I have limited holiday time this year (due to our December cruise), I've begun baking.  My first Christmas cookie of the season: America's Test Kitchen's Triple Chocolate Cookies. 


I discovered these when a friend made them years ago.  I've made them about 3-4 times, but not in a couple years.  When I went to make them this time, I remembered the frustration of having to let the dough chill before baking the cookies. 

Well, the day I chose the make the dough turned out to be a crazy day and I never got around to baking the cookies.  They had to wait until the next morning.  And, oh boy, let me tell you, I think that's one of the secrets to chocolate chip cookies, of any kind.  I rolled the dough into what seemed like balls way too big - 3T worth of a ball (per the recipe instructions).  I let them bake for 12 minutes, rotating halfway through.  They turned out decadently soft and lumpy, not spread out. 


These are the best these cookies have ever been.  Never again will I make the dough and bake them on the same day! 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I just read a chocolate chip cookie recipe last night that recommended chilling the dough overnight before baking - it's nice to know that it truly makes a difference!