Friday, November 8, 2013

A Farewell

And so it's my last day in the religion department.  The last two weeks have been a blur - of good wishes from colleagues, awkwardness with my boss, packing up my stuff, contemplating the future....

My office is (mostly) packed up.  I spent a sleepless night wondering what to do with my favorite office plant that cannot live at home or in my new, windowless office.  I've packed away the books my old boss game to me when he retired.  There are seven years worth of memories in this office.  

This office has seen me go through two heartbreaks and seen me meet my future husband.  It has witnessed the saga of online dating and the joy of wedding planning.  This office has seen me  mourn a cat and adopt two.  It has seen the stress of a boss' retirement and the up-and-downs of a new boss.  

It has been a good office, a good place to spend 9 hours of every day.  But it's time to move on.  It's time for new challenges and a new routine.  

But thank you, dear office, for being a constant these past seven years.  Thank you.

No comments: