Friday, November 15, 2013

Tatiana and Alexander

I recently finished the second book in The Bronze Horseman trilogy.  Here's the review I posted to Goodreads:

When I finished The Bronze Horseman, I thought, "how can the sequel live up to the first book?"  Well, I don't know how, but it does.

This book follows Tatiana's new life in America, with her son, Anthony.  In parallel, we learn of what Alexander is going through in Russia and Europe, as he fights to return to the woman he loves.  What happened to POWs and Russians after the war was not something I knew much about - and it was fascinating to read. 

The lovers get through it all with their memories of each other and their time, so fleeting, together.  Of course, that means reliving much of their "honeymoon," which means a lot of explicit togetherness.  But it wasn't as bad as the first book.

You can't help but love the story of Tatiana, a small but strong woman, and Alexander, the flawed hero who loves her without fail.


I highly recommend this series - just skip all the "honeymooning!"

No comments: