Monday, November 25, 2013

Denise Austin: Sculpt and Burn Body Blitz (Review)

Denise Austin has been around for so long that I can't believe she's still putting anything out, at least in the way of videos.  Needing to mix it up, I decided to try one of her recent DVDs: Sculpt and Burn Body Blitz (2011).


The video is divided into sections (four 10-minute sections plus warm-up and cool-down) so you can pick and choose what you do.

Warm-up: Some unusual moves here but good overall.


Mixed Martial Arts:  Some punches and kicks interspersed with cardio (jacks, mainly).  The cuing is not great with the punches and such but it got my heart rate up!

Athletic Conditioning: Some interesting moves in here and I really liked this segment.  In fact, I wish it was longer!  

Kettlebell-Insprired: Thankfully, this uses one dumbell instead of a kettelbell.  Good but light strength training.

Cardio Sculpt: My weights were almost too heavy for this section but with light weights, I can see that it would be a good workout.  

Cool-Down: Stretches.

My favorite segments were the first two.  But even in them, Denise was hard to follow since her voice was so light and wispy.  And annoying.  I know, I'm picky, but I guess that's the reason why you're given the option on the DVD to hear her instructions or not.  For a clip, go here

This is not an intense workout but it is a good workout to have in your rotation. 

Bottom Line: I would recommend this to anyone who wants to add some sculpting and toning into their cardio-heavy exercise regimen.  It's a good place to start.






No comments: