Friday, November 1, 2013

Great News!!

After seven years in my current job, I finally, finally was offered a new position!!!

I'm leaving the academic side of the university and moving to the administrative side, something I've wanted to do for quite a while.  In fact, I've been looking, sometimes very seriously for a job, on and off for five years.  But I think I've found the right thing for me.  

As most of you know, my job since my new boss arrived, has changed dramatically, and not for the better.  It's been a constant frustration for over a year and I was beginning to lose all hope for change.  But, as always, God has a plan and I think it's a great one.

I get a promotion, more pay, interesting (new!) work, and new co-workers.  Even better, since I'll be in a more professional setting, I won't be the lone staff member sequestered away with a bunch of academics who don't know or care about me.  I'll be part of a team; I'll have an office that's mine (with no common printer and common key lock!); I'll be in the same building as the Chancellor.....  There are a ton of benefits to this!

There are a few drawbacks, mainly the hours that will mean more traffic to deal with. But I'm staying focused on the positives because I'm so very, very excited!!!

Yay!!  I start my new job in a little over a week!

No comments: