Friday, January 22, 2016

Roasted Carrot Soup

A few years ago, a friend made me Carrot Top Soup.  I remember really liking it - especially since I've never been fond of carrots.

Fast forward to the present day when I make tons of soups in the winter to freeze for easy meals.  I'd dreamed of that Carrot Soup and wanted to try one myself.  After looking around, I settled upon this recipe for Roasted Carrot Soup.  

This is not a difficult recipe but it's time consuming - requiring almost two hours of cooking time.  Granted, you're not actively doing stuff for that long but it takes time out of your day.  I followed this recipe exactly - except I left out the celery and put more onion instead.  It was fun getting to use my immersion blender again; I love that thing!  

After blending it up and tasting the soup, I was super happy.  But I wanted to add....something.  So I put a bit more pepper and two dashes of cinnamon.  Oh, boy.  Mr. Higgins was highly dubious of a soup made almost entirely of carrots.....but he loved it!   

This is going to be a staple in our house for years to come.  My only suggestion - double the recipe.  The servings are small.  Heck, I may quadruple it next time!!!

No comments: