Monday, January 4, 2016

Thoughts and Conclusions: Peak 10 Challenge #4

Last week I finished my fourth Peak 10 Challenge.  I love this program!  Even after four go-arounds, it hasn't gotten old or tiring.  

Motivation

I'm always motivated to work out and stay in shape but Peak 10 Challenges sets goals, which is always good and motivating.  This Challenge coincided with a period of uncertainty regarding my thryoid dosage (for hypo).  And with Christmas on the horizon, I wanted to keep my workout intensity up!

If anything affects my motivation, it's not seeing results on the scale.  I did see results this time, but I still couldn't get down to my pre-thyroid-issues weight.  That's very frustrating to me.  I like control and to not have control over my own body is....terrible.  All I can do is keep working...and working.

Results

At my lowest during this Challenge, actually a few weeks before the end of it (due to Colorado), I'd lost 2.8 pounds.  I lost 1.5 inches from my chest, 0.25 inches from my waist, and an inch off my hips.  Everything else didn't really change.  

But my Fit Test numbers did change!

                                              Before       After

Squats                                       61            76
Front Lunges                             47            52
180 Jumps                                 52            61
Tuck Jumps                               59            68
Push-Ups                                  39             42
Ankle Grabbers                         21             24 
Sit Outs                                     39             45
Plank to Frog                             35            40
Fence Hoppers                         76             84
Side Lunge to Jump Shot         34             37 

I subbed 180 jumps for the burpees the program called for.

It was a great relief to me that most of my "before numbers" were higher than my "before numbers" from the previous Challenge.  Some were even higher than my "after numbers."  Wow!  I like knowing the my fitness level keeps rising.

Going Forward


I won't lie: the holiday is going to set me back a bit.  But in January, I'll start another Combat Challenge.  Those are so much fun!   I haven't really planned my next Peak 10 Challenge but it'll probably be in April and May.  

As always, I can't recommend PeakFit/Peak 10 enough.  Michelle Dozois is a great teacher and motivator.  She'll get you up and moving, no matter what!

No comments: