Monday, January 11, 2016

Week One: Combat Challenge #3

I'm starting the new year with a familiar friend: Les Mills' Combat!  This will be my third Challenge using both the DVDs and On Demand videos.

It's going to be fun!

Monday: Sh'Bam #19 + Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101

I was really looking forward to my workout today!  Sh'Bam is a lot of fun.  The moves are easy to follow and the music is (mostly) fun.  This Sh'Bam had a few trendy moves that I skipped in favor of jumping rope....but it was mostly good. After that ended (25-30 minutes later), I tuned into Ilyse's workout which is much more high-impact.

Tuesday: BodyCombat #64 + Michelle's HIIT- Breathless and Energized + walk

Back to the original today - Combat!  And dang, this one was tough!  Lots of jump kicks and lunges.  My legs were not happy!  I finished off the morning with Michelle's HIIT - so much fun and super effective.  At lunch, I walked the track at the rec with a co-worker.  By the end of the day, my arms and shoulders were aching from all those punches and jabs in Combat.  Ouch!

Wednesday: Grit #3 + Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party

To say I was dreading this workout is a severe understatement.  I loathe Wednesdays during Combat Challenges because of Grit.  I hate it!  This one was a bit less intense which helped since it was my first one in a long time.  Afterward, I rewarded my body with Ilyse's low-impact dance workout.  Nice!

Thursday: Cathe's Intensity

This workout was a bit traumatic this morning.  Cathe's step in Intensity is always hard for me to follow, but especially at 5:30am.  And she really gets you going!  I did the Lo-HIIT which is challenging but not too bad.  Really, what got me in this workout were the lunge jumps and air jacks.  Ugh!!  I had every intention of doing weights later in the day but I was so sore....I decided against it.  

Friday:  BodyFlow #68 + abs

I was so looking forward to yoga today.  This week, my muscles have ached and been so sore and tight...  My only gripe with Les Mills' Flow is that it's a bit hard to follow.  Sometimes the instructors are hard to hear and understand (some have accents).  This one had a very fast warm-up which was hard to get in to.  But the rest was good.  After that, I did some sit-ups and planks.  A good, restorative morning!

Saturday:  Combat 60 - Extreme Cardio Fighter + Dozois' Quick Lower Body Shape Up

It's nice not dreading a workout and today was one of those rare days.  Combat 60 is fun and always makes me work, though it never feels like a crazy cardio workout.  My arms were aching by the end, though.  Wow!  I then tuned into Michelle's leg workout, since I haven't done any weights or strength training this week.  And this one is tough - but great.  My legs were screaming!  It was nice to finally get to stretch afterward!

Sunday:  Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit + arms

And I've been dreading this one all week.  Ugh!  I hate this workout!  It's gotten easier over the years but some of the moves really get me, which is good.  After it was over, I cooled off - so about 50 minutes of cardio total, and then did weights to work my arms.  I tried out our new 12lb dumbbells.  Whew!  After 10 minutes of that, I finally stretched.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1274
Tuesday - 1239
Wednesday - 1269
Thursday - 1257
Friday - 1371
Saturday - 1262
Sunday - 1221

I weighed for the first time since the holidays on Sunday…..and it was bad.  I'm trying not to panic since it's only been a week…..  Sigh.


No comments: