Monday, January 25, 2016

Week Three: Combat Challenge #3

Seeing the number on the scale go down a bit last week (hallelujah!) was marvelous.  Now, I'm motived to keep it going down with good eating and lots of workouts.  

Monday: Grit #6 + Sh'Bam #17 + Ilyse's Sweaty Fusion

I was off today for MLK so I took the opportunity to work extra hard.  I got my Grit out of the way for the week….unless I get motivated to do another one on Wednesday.  Then, my routine Monday Sh'Bam.  And #17 may just be my favorite Sh'Bam of all.   After that, I wanted something different so I tried Ilyse's new workout which is mostly strength.  It was unique and fun.  So, 60 minutes of cardio and then Ilyse's strength.  Cool!

Tuesday: BodyCombat #62 + Amy's Cardio Intervals

As I began my workout this morning, I realized something really got to my left thigh yesterday.  It hurt more and more as I moved and really screamed at my hamstring curls.  Great.  At least my workouts are making an impact.  Huh.  This Combat was fun and went by quickly.  I then did about 15 minutes of Amy's cardio - always fun and effective.  We had a nutritionist talk at lunch today.  Yay!

Wednesday: Ilyse's Your Best Sweaty Self + Dozois' HIIT - Breathless and Energized + walk

I entertained the idea of doing another Grit today but my body told me that was crazy.  And I listened.  So instead I did Ilyse's very impactful workout, followed by Michelle's HIIT.  Ilyse jogs and jacks you like crazy, then insists on air jacks and tuck jumps.  Fun.  My left thigh was still aching so I downplayed the lunge jumps in Michelle's HIIT, making them less lunge-ful.  Ha!  At lunch, I walked at the rec and did sit-ups.

Thursday:  Amy's Kickin' Cardio and Conditioning

I needed some weights today - and less impact.  Amy's workout was perfect!  It's fun, different, and not easy.  The push-ups almost killed me.  No joke.  Three circuits of push-ups, 45-seconds each.  Ouch!  I should have walked at lunch but my stomach was a bit off and it was raining.  So I stayed in.

Friday:  Flow #67


Even thought my conscience was telling me I needed cardio, my body was begging for a break.  My legs still ache.  Sigh.  And so I did Flow this morning and it was great.  My legs hurt more afterward, of course.  But it was worth it.  After this 30 minute video, I did some serious ab work.  

Saturday:  Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit + Ilyse's Full-On Cardio Blast + arms

Par the course, I was dreading Cathe's workout.  It's just not my favorite - any day.  I got through that 45 minutes and wanted more.  I did the 20 minutes of cardio in Ilyse's workout.  It's one that is so much more difficult than I ever remember.  Right after the warm-up, which I skipped, you jog, jump, and run for 10 minutes straight.  Wow.  After all that cardio, I did about ten minutes of weights for my arms and then a stretch.

Sunday:  Combat 60 - Extreme Cardio Fighter + Ilyse's Your Best Sweaty Self + Dozois' Lower Body Burn for Definition 

So I'm trying to take full advantage of the weekend to get in some long workouts.  Combat 60 really made me sweat but after those 45 minutes, I wanted something a bit more high-impact.  So I turned once again to Ilyse's workout - which I did on Wednesday.  It's so good!  That lasted for 25 minutes, at which point, I tuned into Michelle's workout for legs.  It's hard - but hopefully it worked my legs good!  My stretch and ab work after was a nice way to end the workout.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1185
Tuesday - 1197
Wednesday - BAD
Thursday - 1186
Friday - 1229
Saturday - 1197
Sunday - 1266

I was glad to have a few days of eating less than 1200 calories this week.  It's not easy, for sure.  

No comments: