With a new year comes the wrapping up of the old one. It's that time again: time to reflect upon a year gone by and what we did during that year. It's time again for The Archies! This idea came from Donna and it's something I've really enjoyed doing. It's basically a list of my 50 favorite things from the year. Every year you compile a list, you add an additional item, so I'm now up to 56! See also 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011. Okay, here we go (in no particular order)….
1. "Outlander" - the TV series.
2. Oreo Brownies.
3. AVENGERS 2.
4. the soundtrack for TOMORROWLAND.
5. Chewy Molasses Cookies.
6. STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS.
7. John Williams' score to TFA (above).
9. Estes Park, CO in winter.
10. The Martian.
11. theme song (The Skye Boat Song) and score to "Outlander".
12. Orange Muffins.
13. Bermuda - never thought it would be so beautiful.
14. spiced whiskey.
15. The Wright Brothers.
16. Butterscotch Bars.
17. hike to Flattop Mountain and Hallett Peak, Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP).
18. Fern Lake, RMNP.
19. Into Thin Air.
20. New Fat Blaster DVDs from Michelle Dozois.
21. New Orleans, for a conference.
22. Salata - new salad bar near my work. yum.
23. Shoal Bay, Anguilla.
24. Odessa Lake, RMNP.
26. Colorado Springs, with friends.
27. Les Mills On Demand.
29. bacon jam.
30. gradient yarn.
31. AAA insurance rates.
32. surprise parties (for others).
33. Saltan Falls, Dominica.
34. "Friday Night Lights" on DVD.
35. Devil's Bridge, Antigua.
36. Del Taco.
37. Nelson's Dockyard, Antigua.
38. "Lost" - seasons 1 and 2.
39. Miss Babs yarn.
40. a good departmental change for my work group.
41. climbing Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, Bermuda.
42. nixing our Escrow account - best thing ever.
43. working 7:30 to 4:30.
44. a new friends at work.
45. 50 cent party items at Taco Bueno.
46. St. George's, Bermuda.
47. El Zarco silver tequila.
49. jambalaya and red beans and rice in NOLA.
50. Gino's East.
51. Laura's Candies, NOLA.
53. inclines on the treadmill.
54. Glen Haven General Store (CO).
55. Antonio's Pizza, Estes Park, CO.
56. seeing the Milky Way in RMNP.
So I really liked RMNP this year, apparently. It helped that we went twice, I guess! This year, I travelled more than any other year. One Caribbean cruise, a Bermuda cruise, New Orleans, Colorado twice, Nashville. 2016 will not compare, I assure you! But every year is unique and good in its own way!