Friday, April 10, 2015

Unbroken

I recently finished Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.  As my norm, I wanted to read the book before seeing the movie.

Once again, I'm amazed at how much I enjoyed non-fiction.  My review from Goodreads is below..

After hearing several people rave about this book, I decided to read it, though this type of nonfiction does not usually intrigue me. 

Right from the start, Louis' story kept me riveted; I never wanted to put down the book. For someone to survive what he went through....is nothing short of miraculous. One can't help but reflect upon a person's will to survive and Louis' will was stronger than anything I've ever seen. 

This book should be required reading, especially for the younger generation that did not grow up hearing their grandfathers speak of the war. We cannot forget the sacrifice, the war, the devastation of so many.

No comments: